Wednesday, December 25, 2019

"Christmas In The Sky"

We are currently flying to Maui, our fingers crossed for the greatest Christmas present of all -

A safe landing.

Since we are thirty thousand or so feet closer to Heaven, we are sure our Christmas wishes will be answered.

I hope all your Christmas wishes are answered as well.

And Chanukah wishes as well.

And whatever you may celebrate, including "Festivus."

One day of good will, that's all I ask.

Who knows?

Maybe it'll be catchy.

Mele Kalikimaka, everyone.

That's "Merry Christmas" is Hawaiian.

Unless they're pulling our legs.

I mean, "Mele"?

Sounds kind of suspicious.

You see that?  I am already a skeptic.

And we're not even there yet.

This "good will" thing is tough.

But I still think it's worth trying.

"Mele Kalikimaka."

I say, I'm buying it.




2 comments:

Brian said...

Merry Christmas, Earl and Happy Hanukkah and Happy Every Day of the Rest Of Your Life. Thanks for making us all laugh and think.

Duke said...

As Don Ho sings, Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way to say Merry Christmas to you! So enjoy your Kalikimaka and be bright and mele forevermore!