Thursday, August 22, 2013

"Birthday Shout-Out"

Along with the Captain Milo picture published earlier today (be sure to check it out), I want to acknowledge the birthday of my brother Hart.  In a post that will appear shortly, I chronicle an event where we went out canoeing, my brother the sternsman, controlling the canoe's direction, and me, the bowman, providing the muscle.

Yes, you read that right.  I was the "muscle."

We went out twice during our stay on the shores of Peninsula Lake.  The second time, the lake was rough, the wind, strongly against us.  It took over half an hour to paddle across the lake (and, with the wind at our backs, about five minutes to paddle our way back.)  But on the way out, when the powerful waves were surging against our canoe, I felt a gemeric trust and a certain confidence that everything would be okay.

That's what it feels like when you have an older brother running the show.

Or at least this one.

Happy Birthday, Brother Hart.

And many healthy and productive ones to come.

I'd be happy to ship out with you anytime you want.

No comments: