Thursday, October 1, 2015

"Walking The Halls Of Saint John's Hospital (Who Eventually Sold Out To A Secular Outfit But They Retained The Statuary)

During their stays, patients are encouraged to move around, in order to redevelop their muscles and not melt away tonelessly into their hospital beds.

As soon as I was able to, I got up, stepped out of my room (wearing a covering bathrobe because the standard issue hospital gowns… you know) and I began perambulating the long and circuitous Saint John’s Hospital hallways. 

I believed I was merely exercising.  But, subtly and imperceptibly, my excursions had evolved into a “Quest.”

Some people never find him.

But every day, I walked the halls.

And after numerous wrong turns

And uncountable dead ends...


There he was.                


   Was it a coincidence? Or was that when I started to feel better?

3 comments:

JED said...

"And Jesus said to the man, 'Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you.' " Luke 17:19 New Living Translation

I guess I should have used a verse from John but you get the idea. Some of us believe there are no coincidences.

Nico said...

If you wanted to find a nice Jewish boy, you should've met a doctor

Jed said...

You appear to have the chops for a guest shot with Nurse Jackie.