Monday, October 17, 2011

"New Boy In Town"


I have today been authorized – and am exquisitely honored and thrilled – to announce the arrival of Milo Henry (October 15th, at one fifty-one A.M.), as they so gracefully say in horseracing, by Tim Groseclose, out of (my stepdaughter) Rachel Braude.

Though baby Milo entered our world five weeks ahead of schedule, I am happy to report he is perfectly healthy and maximally equipped. Early on, he was a noticeable reddish color, igniting my hopes of having an Indian in the family, but a return visit the following morning found him characteristically Caucasian.

When asked the age-old question of what I would like the young lad to call me once he attains the faculty of speech, I hearkened back to what my Great Uncle Manny’s grandchildren called him – and I always found delightful – and I selected the nickname

“Pappy.”

“Pappy’s” official reaction to the experience we have recently undergone? Words fail me. Or at least words worthy of the occasion. For the moment, we will just have to settle for

“Wow.”

9 comments:

Ian said...

Congratulations to the happy couple, and to you, Earl!

And, I guess, a big "Welcome to the planet, kid", to baby Milo too!

Jon88 said...

Mazel tov!

Mac said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news.

"Pappy" was what we always called my Grandfather. It's a very cool name. All the best to you and your family.

Zaraya said...

Dear Mr. Pomerantz; baby Milo calls you "Pappy" once he does gain enough speech to do so. Congratulations to Rachel and her consort.

-z

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family. And welcome to the world, Milo. I wish you a life filled with love and all good things.

benson said...

Congratulations from me, also.

And not to worry about the five weeks early. My eldest was five weeks early, too, and is now almost 20. And stands 6'2" and weighs in at 230.

And may you have the joy of yours skating to the bench and flashing three fingers at you, after he just scored his first hat trick.

john brown said...

Being a grandparent is a full on blast. My wife and I have only been grandparents for about 7 months, and it has been great.

The first time the baby falls asleep in your arms, Wow is the only way to describe it.

Enjoy!

Ref said...

Congratulations. You may like "Pappy," and Milo may like "Pappy." However, Milo may well come up with something else he prefers to call you. Whatever it may be, go with it.

Marcel said...

"Early on, he was a noticeable reddish color, igniting my hopes of having an Indian in the family" Sheer genius line :-) Hope he calls you Pappy by now!