Friday, September 2, 2011

"Here We Go"

(To the tune of “Beauty of the Beast”)

Gathered in the park

Doctor M and I

Standing at the spot

Where they tie the knot

Trying not to cry.


Smiles and tears combine

Overflowing pride

Unexpected joy

Welcoming the boy

Father of the Bride.


Once we were a team

Daddy and his girl

Now she's changed her life

Daughter turned to wife

It’s a different world


Time is on the move

Dad must step aside

Still that special bond

Will live on and on

Father of the Bride.


Still that special bond

Will live on and on

Father of…

The Bride.

6 comments:

JED said...

I can just hear Angela Lansbury singing it. Very nice and quite touching, Earl.

I wish all the best for your daughter Anna and her new husband.

Zaraya said...

Dear Mr. Pomerantz; best wishes to you and your family.

-z

GRayR said...

Dear Earl,
Best wishes to all.

Hope you have too much fun at the wedding and sing this for your daughter. She would love it, and we would love to see it up on U-tube.
Gary

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Earl. I'm sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes. That's very touching and I wish you and all your family, old and new, the very best.

Corinne said...

Congratulations to the family.

Loved the song :o)

Max Clarke said...

Very touching, Earl.

I don't recall the song, Beauty And The Beast, but what you wrote nevertheless sings.