Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Feedback from the Feedback"

I received some fiery feedback from my posts about “The Three Larry Davids” (posted on Monday) and “What I Like” (Tuesday.) It appears that after nine months of doing this, I finally wrote something worthy of disputing.

My first impulse was to craft a point-by-point response of the disputations. But this came out instead.


One day, when I was in my twenties, I was boppin’ down the street, singing at the top of my lungs. (It was the sixties.) A person passing by me said,

You must be happy.”

To which I immediately replied,

“If I were happy, I wouldn’t have to sing.”

Sometimes, you need a release from that not always sunny place you call Home.

The Comedy of Pain doesn’t do it for me.

The Comedy of Hope does.

I thank you for your comments and your questions, and would be honored to be the recipient of more of both in the future.

No comments: